Ireland offers a wide choice of banking institutions for Startup companies. However, finding the best match for your business model is no easy fit. To save you the hassle of scouring the internet in search of the right bank, we have narrowed your selection list to only 4 banks who are presently offering the best start-up business packages.
1. Bank of Ireland
The start-up package is accessible to any business that was commenced within the past three years.
- For the first 24 months, transaction and maintenance fees are waived for startups.
- Start-Ups and entrepreneurs can benefit from the Workbench programme offer such as free Wi-Fi, interactive screens, events, and hot desks. Currently, Workbenches can be found in Galway, Dublin, Cork, and Limerick.
- Get access to digital Marketing consultants for FCR Media. In addition, you get a totally free custom-designed website with a .com domain registry for a full year plus the privilege of GlodenPages.ie listings.
- The Bank of Ireland places a huge emphasis on support networks for all their start-up customers.
- Scale-tech start-ups can also benefit from a 6-month StartLab incubator programme.
- There are also numerous free tools and resources which can help new businesses to get started.
2. Ulster Bank
For businesses that commenced within the last 36 months and have an estimated or current annual turnover of below €1m.
- You get 24 months without account maintenance or transaction fees.
- Unlimited access to manage or view business accounts.
- Get full control of your cash flow with Bankline services, especially in the areas of management of reconciliation forecasting, receivables and payables and accounts reporting.
- When setting up your business, you can easily apply for a Visa Business Debit Card.
Is accessible for all start-up businesses who have been operating for three or fewer years and are first time users of the AIB Business Start-up Current Account.
- It covers 24 months without paying transaction account maintenance fees.
- Quarterly cash handling fees of up to €100
- Get access to the AIB’s Merchant Services which can allow you to take payments online, over the phone or instore.
- Access an online service specially made for small businesses. There is also a special online banking service for medium to large businesses.
- All AIB clients have access to Brexit support where they can talk to specialist Brexit advisors over the phone.
- Women entrepreneurs can also benefit from AIB business masterclass for women entrepreneurs. However, these events are more relevant for entrepreneurs who have been trading for at least 18 months.
4. Permanent TSB
Is more suited for more mature businesses and sole traders because it does not special packages for start-ups.
- Zero transaction fees within Europe with countries outside the Eurozone included.
- Doesn’t provide a business credit card but provides a business Visa Debit card.
- Prioritizes face to face banking, there are over 70 branches in Ireland alone.
- The maximum transaction limit is €10,000
Allows digital accounts for businesses in Ireland and Britain. It’s the go-to site for businesses who prefer an easy and accessible way of transferring money between accounts.
- You can get both Sterling and Euro accounts for bank transfers in/out – Access to adding new accounts instantly or in real time
- There is no need for ongoing monthly maintenance fees or setup costs
- Get notified for any account activity and access to real-time FX transfers between your accounts.
- Fire Business API allows you to integrate your accounts with your own systems– to automate reconciliation and receive real-time update notifications about your accounts.
- Ability to set up multiple users who have different access permission levels. Access to ordering numerous MasterCard debit cards linked to both Sterling and Euro account.
- Very compatible with all major and popular accounting software packages.
Provides an easy to use and low-cost online banking service focused on sole traders and freelancers.
- Users have access to tag transactions associated with a specific project making the process much easier.
- All banking services can be easily implemented from a smartphone.
- The business Mastercard includes a cashback on transactions of up to 0.01%
- German customers can deposit cash
- it’s a prerequisite that users be citizens in the European country where they are operating.
- Offers interest on savings accounts through partner banks.
Add new comment